Friday, March 20, 2009

Introductions

Coming home from sushi this evening, I quickly calculated that I have about 200 more miles of training before the Big Day, the Boston Marathon. April 20, 2009! Since the beginning of the year I've been plugging away at the preparations, and I'm happy to report that so far so very good. I've done three long runs over 20 miles, and planning on doing two more. I've been averaging around 60 miles for the last couple of weeks, which is a high for me - and I've had some great runs along the way. Yesterday I ran to Bellevue for the first time, and scanned Medina for Bill Gates' house, followed by one of the greatest and most expensive smoothies of my young career (Chocolate Chiquita). Of course, just last week my legs felt very heavy and it was hard to get running before dark, due to my work schedule, the comfort of the Pello chair and the total relaxation of practicing Chinese characters and doing sudoku puzzles (the slower the better) in the Pello chair after getting home... There have been ups and downs!

In this blog I'll be counting down the last month to Boston, the runs, the preparations (break in new shoes! get pair of compression socks?! where will we have the post-race dinner? where do you guys want to stand along the course?), hopefully counting down a lot of good miles and creating good memories. And so we can begin, as in a symphony, with a beat of silence... (today was a rest day after yesterday's 22 miles. Had the usual Friday afternoon pilates followed by mussels (x2) and shrimp skewers at the red door with dad, bike ride around greenlake with ivan and a mossy "greenlake roll"(plus a few other things) at sushi. Feeling rested!)

No comments:

Post a Comment